Bottling Mechanic + Production Manager
Wander + Ivy
Job Title: Bottling Mechanic + Production Manager
Company: Wander + Ivy
Reports To: Consulting Winemaker + COO
Salary: $34 to $40 per hour
($70,720 - $83,400 annually + commission)
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Consulting Winemaker but ultimately reporting to the COO, the Bottling Mechanic + Production Manager is responsible for the day to day maintenance and operation of the Wander + Ivy Custom Mobile Bottling Line and its equipment, set up, installation and repair. The Bottling Mechanic + Production Manager will also be involved in annual maintenance performing repair, modification and preventive maintenance. Lastly, the Bottling Mechanic + Production Manager would have the ability to earn commission on new business they generate to fill available dates on the bottling line.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and supports daily bottling line operations by troubleshooting and repairing bottling, electrical and mechanical equipment to improve performance to increase production.
- Determines the extent of trouble, replacing defective or worn parts and electrical, reassembles, re-sets, readjusts, and/or reprograms systems for proper operation.
- May perform non-certified wiring and fabrication incidental to repair and maintenance tasks in order to keep the line running, but will make sure to log anything out of compliance for complete repair at a later time within the annual maintenance period.
- Responsible for bottling line changeovers, adjustments, preventative maintenance and synchronization of equipment and uptime.
- Identifies and repairs issues with all pumping systems used in winery.
- Maintains records of all maintenance performed on equipment.
- Works from detailed blue prints, schematics, samples, drawings, and/or verbal instructions.
- Stocks and inventories supplies to maintain efficient operations and minimize downtime.
- May assist in coordinating the work of outside contractors.
- Generates additional bottling line business to fill available dates on the bottling line, and earns commission for all additional business generated.
- Ensures machinery safety guarding is compliant with OSHA and all safety standards.
- Acts as a leader regarding safety, stays current with and promotes Cal OSHA guidelines and W+I safety programs policies and practices, ensuring everyone follows these guidelines.
- Writes, follows and ensures compliance with all lockout/tag-out procedures for each piece of equipment.
- Establishes and implements Bottling Line SOP’s.
- Analyzes and prioritizes tasks.
- Provides relief and acts as temporary backup for all line positions including supplying the line with glass, filler, forklift, packaging, labeler, etc.
- Maintains compliance with all W+I and host winery policies and procedures, including ISO and HCCAP requirements if they become implemented.
- Works successfully as part of a team and is responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attends staff and company meetings and training as required.
- Performs special assignments, projects, and other duties as requested.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required; additional technical training, trade school or certification desired.
- 3-5 yrs. experience in bottling line maintenance.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English required; ability to communicate in Spanish desired.
- Proficiency as a mechanic.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties.
- If applicable, requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under W+I insurance policy.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Valor Lea at email@example.com.
NOTE: W+I complies with all the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The purpose of W+I job profile is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks and essential functions of each job so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The profile also provides information useful for recruiting, training, and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of all employees. A job profile is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation.