Licensing and Credentialing Specialist
Who We Are:
CirrusMD is a different kind of virtual care company. In less than a minute, patients reach a live, licensed physician and conduct a care encounter at their pace and convenience. Available 24/7/365, CirrusMD’s integrated care is delivered via multispecialty, board-certified doctors who can treat a broad range of conditions, from acute to chronic, primary care to specialty areas, including behavioral health. CirrusMD is available to 10 million users across all 50 states and is exclusively offered through employers and health plans. Learn how CirrusMD is transforming virtual care: https://www.cirrusmd.com
Who We’re Looking For:
CirrusMD is seeking a Licensing and Credentialing Specialist who, under limited supervision, will support the CirrusMD Provider Network’s (CMDPN) licensing and credentialing functions. The job will focus on the management and monitoring processes and procedures that support the initial application and renewals of state medical licensing. Additional tasks may include insurance & Medicaid plan enrollment processes. Ensures compliance with the appropriate accrediting and regulatory agencies. This opportunity reports to the Senior Director of Clinical Operations.
This position can sit remotely anywhere in the U.S., with the flexibility to work from our Denver HQ as you’d like. Applicants must be able to work and attend meetings during our ‘core’ hours of 9:30 am-3:00 pm (Mountain Time Zone). Applicants must also be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. and not just their current employer. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas currently. Additionally, know that your application will be reviewed, but we will only be able to contact and follow up with those candidates whose applications we are able to explore at this time.
What you’ll Accomplish
- Manages the CirrusMD Provider Network (CMDPN) licensing process for all CirrusMD clinical providers, in accordance with Federal and State laws, and CirrusMD policies.
- Coordinates and works with the licensing database, ensuring accuracy of data and reporting to partnering systems. Monitors critical data for extensive analysis and report generation.
- Works closely with physicians to successfully gather necessary information and forms for State Medical licensing applications. Communicates the status of licensing work
- Complete applications through to submission and approval for any work not assigned externally.
- Monitors and reports turnaround times of state medical licensing approval across all 50 states.
- Manages licensing procedures; develops, recommends, and/or implements changes, revisions, and enhancements as appropriate to the current operating environment.
- Support the CMDPN credentialing process for all CirrusMD clinical providers, in accordance with NCQA, Delegated contracts and CMS accreditation standards, Federal and State laws, and CirrusMD policies.
- Help to coordinate the management of the expirables process to ensure all clinical provider licenses and certificates remain current, ensuring appropriate notification prior to expiration.
- Function as a CMDPN credentials contact for all internal and external inquiries; develops and maintains positive working relationships.
- Represents CMDPN to internal and external customers as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- 3-5 year of experience in licensing and credentialing preferred
- Successful completion of at least 60 college-level credit hours; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Certification/Licensure NAMSS Certification as a Certified Professional Medical Services Manager (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentials Specialist (CPCS) or actively pursuing certification is preferred.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Proven ability to work independently, seeking help as necessary.
- Proven ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
- Database management skills.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of medical credentialing and privileging procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of medical staff policies, regulations, and bylaws and the legal environment within which they operate.
Why Work at CirrusMD?
Make a lasting impact in healthcare! Recognized as a top place to work by The Denver Post and BuiltIn CO, CirrusMD is paving the way to a better healthcare future, and our work truly matters. We are enabling easier access to healthcare for millions of people. You’ll have a chance to make real contributions to the health and wellness of our communities. Virtual Care is one of the fastest growing industries, and now, more than ever, there is unlimited opportunity to take charge & shape your career at CirrusMD.
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and offer outstanding benefits including:
- Company funded & deeply subsidized benefit options for you and your family that begin day 1
- Work-life balance with our responsible Unlimited PTO / Vacation program
- 401(K) + match & stock options
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Remote-friendly (with the option to work out of our Denver HQ)
- A positive, collaborative, and diverse culture
- Social events onsite & remote
- Free, unlimited access to our text-first platform
- Access to work with our executive coach for continued professional development.
- If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team.
The base salary range for this position is $50,000-$55,000/year. Actual pay may vary based on job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
CirrusMD is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, users, and customers. We strive to deliver products and services that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin.