Who We Are:
CirrusMD is a different kind of telemedicine company. In less than a minute, patients reach a live, licensed physician and conduct a care encounter at their pace and convenience. Available 24/7/365, CirrusMD’s integrated care is delivered via multispecialty, board-certified doctors who can treat a broad range of conditions, from acute to chronic, primary care to specialty areas, including behavioral health. CirrusMD is available to 10 million users across all 50 states, and exclusively offered through employers and health plans. Learn how CirrusMD is transforming virtual care: https://www.cirrusmd.com
Who We’re Looking For:
CirrusMD is looking for a QA Engineer to work with our Platform and Mobile engineering teams. You have experience collaborating with frontend, backend and mobile engineers implementing testing processes that both support the technical team and critique the product. You understand the purpose and tradeoffs of different types of automated and manual tests, and can implement a scalable solution to best support the application. You are aligned with the idea that the role of QA is not to be a safety net to catch failures, but to accelerate the team by addressing bottlenecks and risks in the system.
We are an engineering driven organization and our tech stack includes modern versions of Ruby on Rails, React, Typescript and other technologies mixed in. We leverage elements of Shape Up and scrum in our product development process. A career with CirrusMD is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt the healthcare industry and greatly impact millions of lives by enhancing our platform.
This position can sit remote anywhere in the U.S., with the flexibility to work from our Denver HQ as you’d like. Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
What You’ll Accomplish:
- Understand integration points in the application and advance existing or new automation frameworks to mitigate them.
- Understand bottlenecks in the development process and advance internal tooling to mitigate them, using data to measure success.
- Collaborate with engineers and cross functionally throughout the development lifecycle.
- Understand telemetry and customer usage patterns to develop a test strategy accordingly.
- Mentor engineers on test strategy and available tooling.
- Perform root cause analysis of bug reports sourced internally and externally.
- Perform manual testing as needed, including regression, acceptance and exploratory testing.
What You Will Bring:
- 4+ years experience in a testing role, with a proven track record of using data to measure success of a quality program.
- 2+ years experience implementing and building automated tests using Cypress or similar tools.
- Experience coaching test strategy and tooling to technical and non technical team members.
- Experience using telemetry and customer data to perform root cause analysis.
- Strong proficiency in creating API and UI tests in NodeJS or Ruby
- Experience with modern CI platforms and tooling (GitHub, CircleCI, Bitrise, etc).
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- You understand when to listen and when to be vocal in team discussions and prioritization.
- Expertise in load, contract and/or mobile testing.
- Expertise in NodeJS/React, Ruby on Rails, Python, Go or PostgreSQL.
- Experience in the healthcare industry and/or applications with real-time events.
- Confidence pairing with other engineers and humility in giving/receiving feedback.
- 30 minute initial conversation with the Engineering Manager.
- Take home assessment. We ask that you limit yourself only spend 3-4 hours on this assignment, and return within 1 week.
- Technical and Team Interview. Here we will review your take home assessment and give you a chance to meet members of the team.
- Assessment and interview with a professional coach to ensure organizational alignment with your career goals.
Why Work at CirrusMD?
Make a lasting impact in healthcare! Recognized as a top place to work by BuiltIn CO, CirrusMD is paving the way to a better healthcare future and our work truly matters. We are enabling easier access to healthcare for millions of people. You’ll have a chance to make real contributions to the health and wellness of our communities. Telehealth is one of the fastest growing industries and now, more than ever, there is unlimited opportunity to take charge & shape your career at CirrusMD. We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and offer outstanding benefits including:
- Company funded & deeply subsidized benefit options for you and your family that begin day 1
- Work life balance with our responsible Unlimited PTO / Vacation program
- 401(K) + match & stock options
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Remote first (with the option to work out of our Denver HQ)
- Growth opportunity
- A positive, collaborative and diverse culture
- Social events onsite & remote
- Free, unlimited access to our chat based platform
If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team.
The base salary range for this position is $115,000-130,000/year. Actual pay may vary based on job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, experience and location. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
CirrusMD is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, users, and customers. We strive to deliver products and services that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin.
Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit résumés to any person or email address at CirrusMD prior to having a signed agreement with Human Resources. CirrusMD is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Also, any résumés sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to CirrusMD and may be forwarded to our Talent Acquisition team.